Thursday, 15 April 2010

Traffic Chaos

I was pleased to see the Leader highlighting the complete mess the council made to the repairs to the bypass recently.


The traffic along the A4059 seems to have calmed down now - though I am very worried still about the quality of the work. It seems that the tarmac is of very poor quality and I foresee more misery ahead/

On a personal note, the roadworks almost disrupted my Mam Gu's 90th birthday party. Some friends from Hirwaun and Llwydcoed were relying on a taxi only to discover that the first firm they rang was refusing bookings and the next 3 had simply turned their phones off! Cars were waiting in queues for at least an hour and set to fetch an elderly relative I was forced to abandon my car in a jam on the road, go to her house on foot and escort the poor lady back to the car! Thankfully everybody arrived in the end - but thanks to a lovely neighbour in Hirwaun who brought the party goers round the long way!

My grandmother phoned the council to ask for information only to be told that non-one knew anything. My Uncle (from the US) travelling into Aberdare for the occasion rang the South Wales Transport Information line only to find they knew nothing either!

This was chaos from start to finish. I only hope that the disruption is over now, but I fear not!

No comments: