Sunday, 18 April 2010

The Great Cynon Valley Tour Part Five

After lunch in Carpanini's there was no more putting off the hill to Perthcelyn. The picture here isn't me at my best but the relief at having reached the top was very real indeed! In Perthcelyn I met local residents who are campaigning to improve their neighborhood. I've been in touch with the police on their behalf but so far no more than a promise to get in touch in response.

From Perthcelyn, I took the opportunity to call in to the Bryncynon Strategy, which is an excellent series of projects, to congratulate them on their recent success in winning a major catering contract with Coleg Morgannwg. The work done in the Strategy is very worthy of support and making a real difference to people's lives.

From Ynysboeth to Abercynon and the head of the Taff Trail, along the trail to Cilfynydd. Here I have to admit I cheated a bit! By now I'd realised that in order to get to the British Legion dinner in Ynysybwl for 7.00 in anything bar my cycling gear I'd have to get a lift! So not to shirk a challenge I cycled to Hilltop Avenue, Cilfynydd (photographic evidence available) and then got a lift to Glyncoch, where I talked to local residents about the extension to the quarry and then on to Ynysybwl to the Legion Dinner. What a Day!

No comments: