Thursday, 15 April 2010

The Great Cynon Valley Tour Part Four

Having been to the Ynys, I cycled on to Cwmbach. There I came face to face with some of the flooding issues on walking and cycling tracks that residents have been complaining about. The picture is on the way to Cwmbach of a flooded pathway - the weather was great and there hadn't been rain for a while.



On from Cwmbach to Aberaman (and a cup of tea with Susan and Ian). Following that up the hill to Cwmaman. I felt a real sense of achievement when I reached the sign for Cwmaman! I'm delighted that in Cwmaman and Abercwmboi our local councillors Huw Williams and Howard Davies have been active improving the local environment, and in Abercwmboi I discussed plans for the new skate park, which Huw Williams is very involved with.

The last stops of this leg of the tour were Mountain Ash, and then on to Pinos (Carpaninis) in Miskin for lunch - hopefully to give me some energy for the ride to Perthcelyn, coming next!

No comments: