Sunday, 11 April 2010

The Great Cynon Valley Tour Part Two

From Hirwaun I cycled down the Cynon Trail. I was pleased that the signage I helped put in place last year is still in good order, but disappointed to see how much broken glass was on the path. Pleased not to get a puncture!

In Penywaun I had a chat with a number of children who were walking their dogs on the Trail. The trail is easily accessible from Penywaun and provides a easy traffic free route up to Hirwaun.

From Penywaun onto Llwydcoed. Sadly the directions to an old friends house were misunderstood and I only realised I'd gone too far when I was almost at Baverstocks! Anyhow it was a nice ride back down the hill, and a lovely paned and chocolate cake with Cerian. More importantly Cerian registred to vote. She grew up down the road from me in Penderyn and tells me she's never voted. She's taken the first step now by registering to vote. Remember - the deadline to register is the 20th of April so if you haven't done so yet please visit the Electoral Commission website in English neu yn Gymraeg.

Then on to Trecynon to meet local councillors Liz Walters and John Daniel (and more importantly Aled and Eleri). I had a five minute break in Aberdare Park and enjoyed the fantastic scenery. We really do have so much to be proud of in the Cynon Valley but I don't think we sell our green spaces enough.

Needless to say traffic was awful around Trecynon given the mess the Council has made on the roadworks around Aberdare!

2 comments:

Iwan Rhys said...

Pob lwc Dafydd!

Mae gwir angen newid yn y cymoedd, gan roi hwb i hyder y trigolion. Plaid Cymru yw'r unig blaid a all gynnig y newid a'r hyder sydd ei angen.

Cer amdani!

Anonymous said...

trystan a ydy son vaughan roderick fod plaid cymru ar fin ennill yn cwm cynon yn gywir??