Just got back from a public meeting in Glyncoch.
The first thing that was really obvious was that the Glyncoch Communities First Partnership has really done terrific work in engaging local residents to congratulations to Jenny and the team.
There were loads of issues to discuss, if anything too much, but a couple of major problems.
The possible extension of the quarry seems an appalling proposal. It would cause huge disruption to local residents who are already suffering from blasting noise. I was particularly angry at this proposal as there are alternative proposals for community use of the land, with consideration of community energy generation. These are exactly the kind of sustainable projects that we should be supporting and I hope RCT Council do the right thing when the time comes. I wouldn't hold your breath however!
We were also given a presentation from Veolia about the chaos they've caused on the buses - with routes cancelled, buses not running, buses full, inappropriate buses. The man from Veolia basically said they'd made a complete mess of it. Hard to disgaree there ... They need to improve and improve fast!
One thing we could all agree on, from Labour, Plaid and no particular party was that the Boundary Proposals are quite ridiculous. I was pleased to see Doug Williams and Christine Chapman expressing their concerns, and with a united front against these proposals I'm sure they can be defeated.
No comments:
Post a Comment