Sunday, 28 February 2010

Daffodils for St David's


On Saturday we took to the streets of Aberdare to hand out daffodils and post cards wishing people a Happy St David's Day. I'm not sure whether the trend of living leaflets will catch on, but the welcome was very warm indeed! We were promoting the Cerdyn Cymru / Wales Card to support local businesses and there was universal support for the idea - aimed at promoting and supporting local producers. Everything that can be done to support local businesses at the moment needs to be done.

It was great to see so many old friends, of three generations of my family. In the picture you'll see my Mum and Mam Gu, as well as a number of supporters!

I was also very pleased to visit Green St Chapel to see the Daffodil festival. The work done by the Soroptimists locally is very important and the chapel was quite breathtaking with over 600 bunches of daffodils across the whole chapel. The festival deserves our support, and there is a Gymanfa Ganu tonight at 6pm in Green St.

1 comment:

DORIS said...

I wouldn't have posed under a sign advertising 'MIGHTY MUGS'