I've long argued for increased provision for Walking and Cycling within Cardiff, so I'm very pleased to see today the new bike hire scheme being launched. I really hope it links up properly to train stations, because its one thing getting the train in to work, but then being able to pick up a convenient bike to finish the journey to work would be great. This could encourage more commuters to travel sustainably to work - but it requires some joined up thinking from Councils and transport providers.
While I'm on the subject of joined up thinking - why don't Valleys Lines trains have a belt to hold bikes in place safely when transported on trains. On First Great Western Trains and Arriva trains to Swansea there are always belts to keep bikes safe from falling over and potentially injuring fellow passengers. On the Valleys lines it can be really dangerous. Come on Arriva few belts would hardly break the bank but it would make things safer for all passengers.
No comments:
Post a Comment