I've been cycling a fair bit on the Cynon Trail recently and on the first couple of times managed to get lost - or not quite get lost, but lose the trail and end up on the road. The trail is so beautiful and so much safer that the road that I losing it for a bit was a great shame. So I got in touch with Sustrans and I was very pleased to find out that they were planning a signing ride to improve signage along the trail.
Here are a couple of pictures of me putting some new signs in place yesterday. Hope everyone appreciates the better signing. If there are places where you think a few more signs would be useful please let me know and I'll sort it out. A big thank you to Gwyn from Sustrans and volunteers Dave and Doug who were great company - even in the rain!
5 comments:
Good work on helping improve the signs for the Cynon Trail. Improvements to the Taff Trail over the years have made it such an easy to follow.
Its a shame I could not find the Cynon Trail map to download from RCT website.
Good point David. I'll look into it and hopefully post a link to the map from my web-site - and try and get RCT to put it in an obvious place!
Dafydd
Glad you enjoyed the company. Hope we get to see you again in the future. Dave
Rode the Cynon Trail yesterday and noted a great improvement in the signeage ....... well done. Still a bit vague at the Cwmbach to Asda junction ....... anyone with info for that area. I was travelling North to Hirwaun.
Good for you, Dafydd.
You are lucky, though. Bugger all in the Rhondda. Worse than cycling in central Rome! Some of the few dedicated cycle paths are blocked up.
Post a Comment