The hypocrisy of the Labour Government has been exposed once again in relation to our serving soldiers. There is understandable fury amongst service families about the bonus payments to MoD civil servants. I am amazed that a Department that cannot provide the basic equipment to troops, cannot manage projects large and small properly, and can't even deal with correspondence properly benefits from such large bonus payments.
I was also, during this week where we rightly remember those who didn't return, very pleased to see the Howard League for Penal Reform set up an enquiry into why so many ex-soldiers end up in prison. Elfyn Llwyd, Plaid's Parliamentary Leader has been campaigning on this issue for some time and it is entirely appropriate that he is part of the panel. I hope that the recommendations that emerge will be enacted promptly to ensure proper support for our service people at home and abroad.
No comments:
Post a Comment