Sunday, 4 October 2009

The toughest Marathon in Europe ... please sponsor


Today, I finished one of my last long training runs for the Snowodonia Marathon. It is apparently one of the toughest marathons in Europe, but I'm as ready as I'll ever be for it! Months of trainig and discussing the twists and turns of Welsh politics with my training partner (when I can catch my breath - not very often), seem to be paying off.

So, I'm going to follow Alastair Campbell's example (I know you thought I'd never say such a thing), and make a major effort to fundraise for one marathon. What better marathon to pick than one of the hardest!

I'm looking for sponsorship on behalf of Cynon Valley Cancer Support. I know from friends and family the terrific services provided by Cynon Valley Cancer Support - they are a very worthy charity, and I hope my efforts will raise a good sum for them.

If anything will get me over a huge hill at 22 miles its knowing that the miles run mean more money for the charity. So would you be willing to sponsor me ... My initial aim is to collect £10 for each mile run i.e. £260 - so every pound contributed will be much appreciated. Sponsorship can also be giftaided which means even more money for the charity.

If you'd like to sponsor me please Email me - contact details on the side, or message me on Twitter (DafyddTrystan) or Facebook (Dafydd Trystan Davies). Alternatively Sponsorship forms are available from the Cancer Support offices in Mountain Ash, or from me directly. I'm even looking to Guto Nyth Bran for inspiration!

UPDATE
24 hours in to fundraising and we've already raised over £100 ... new target £500. People seem to be very happy to give per mile whether its 10p or £1 its all very welcome.

No comments: