Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Great Race and over £500 for Cynon Valley Cancer Support


I am pleased to say that my legs have started moving again now! On Saturday I ran the Snowdonia marathon. It was my first marathon and for some reason I still don't quite understand I chose to do the toughest marathon in Europe! And it was tough ... my running partner described the weather as biblical - and he was right. Gales, torrential rain and the odd mountain or two to run over. Some 4 hours 12 minutes after leaving Llanberis I don't think I've ever been so pleased to see a finish line.

I raised money for Cynon Valley Cancer Support and I was overwhelmed by people's generosity. I've raised over £500 already and money is still coming in. It is a very worth cause and after about 22 miles and heading up a very steep hill the thought of the sponsorship was about the only thing keeping me going. So thanks to everyone for their support. If you don't believe me about the weather you can still watch the excellent S4C programme on the marathon online here.

The picture to the side was taken after a nice long shower!

No comments: