Apologies for the light / non-existent blogging recently. I think the it took longer to get over the election that I anticipated. Anyhow I'm fully refreshed now and looking forward to actively campaigning on a number of issues over the Summer. The challenge of cuts from the ConDem Government is a large one, and make no mistake we'll be there campaigning to protect public services across the Valleys.
On a far more positive note I was delighted to see that the Welsh Government has recently announced plans to charge 7p for single use carrier bags. This is a topic I've covered on this blog several times - indeed the Leader covered such a call from me in 2008. The evidence is crystal clear - once such a charge is introduced recycling of bags increases substantially and plastic bag usage can fall by up to 95%. So well done to the Welsh Government and particularly in this case the Welsh Environment Minister Jane Davidson.
2 comments:
To Know Interesting Facts and Updates news Regarding Sports in UA u are just a Click Away.....clickhere to know more
Post a Comment