Tuesday, 3 March 2009

Youth Clubs Closure

I understand that RCT council have decided to close youth clubs in Ynysybwl, Cwmdare and Llwydcoed, amongst a range of initiatives to cut costs. I think this is hugely short sighted, because good facilities for younger people encourage good behaviour and positive activity. The reverse is also true.

I also hear rumours that a Labour councillor said that they "didn't care about your grotty little youth clubs". If true that is a shocking statement from someone who is in a position of authority. If anyone knows more on this please post in the comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely true!

Councillor Eudine Hanagan said that "I don't care about your grotty little youth clubs".

She is the RCT cabinet member for education. It's nothing short of disgraceful that the executive member in charge of education has such disdain and lack of concern for young people.

We can only assume that the council leader supports her views. He hasn't sacked her